An Evil Eye View

Form is Temporary, soul is permanent

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Missing Key

A common problem with people is forgetting where you have placed some important things. The foremost of them (atleast among guys) is the missing key. An absent minded guy can keep things in places which they see first or which they feel they can remember ( but most often they forget). But while searching for the missing link, life also throws some chances by helping him find out an item which had been missing for quite some time.
Two days back, I was confronted with a similar situation. I couldn’t find the bike key (my project mate had granted me the bike because of his homeward trip). It was an unfettered single key. I thought I had left it in the back of my jean pocket. But to my surprise I found that it was not there. So I got a bit tense and almost put my entire room in shambles rummaging all the items. I was cursing myself because I had cleaned up the entire room and things were in order before I found out that I had missed the key. Suddenly everything was going out of my mind and I got obsessed only with the missing key. I was getting a bit crazy and furious over that. I thought why its happening on a Monday morning and that too when you are in the rush of things. I had two choices now 1. Either forget the key and get to office, but I was damn sure, till the key is found I cant put my best effort in anything else (or) 2. Take your own time in finding the key and then have a start. I had the volition of taking number two. I thought I would relax a bit and then calmly chronicle the events from the time I had stripped off my jeans. I went to have a shower (for the 2nd time that day in a span of an hour). The moment water touched my scalp all my tempers went off and I started basking in the comfort of water trickling down every where. It had taken some pain off me and now I felt I can sort things out. Something previously amiss was set right last night and as a mark of identity I had placed some cover in it. I hadn’t touched it since this morning and I thought of having a go. Boy!!!!!!!! There she lies beautifully settled in the back side of the cover. Now I remember, I had kept in that cover coz it was easily noticeable. I pumped my fist in air that I had done it.
The episode had taught me an important lesson. When things go hay wire, just relax and try to find out the root cause to solve the problem amicably. Being furious just aggravates the situation and the effort put henceforth will always be a failure.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home